So I haven't spoken to you in a while, love. I missed you quite a bit. But on the bright side, I have absolutely no bad news to share for once!! Yay! Finally, right? Other than minor freak accidents with the fam resulting in visits to the emergency room and a matrixectomy on my right toe, all is well. No drama, no bullshit, just good ol' times. I've mostly been spending time with friends and family, and it's been fun :) This summer looks like its having a happy ending. Oh yes, and did I mention how I spent a majority of July soaking rays in Las Vegas, getting intense shorts/feet tans, eating honey lollipops in Flagstaff, Arizona, and carefully wandering the cliffs of the Grand Canyon? Little vacations like that with the people I love was definitely worth all the driving. Watching clouds, vast amounts of sand, and giant trees accompanied by sunflower fields never seemed to fun, just as long as I had my ipod to keep me company while doing so, of course.
But as I've been saying, life is swell.
But as I've been saying, life is swell.
This month of September, as well as last month, helped me realize how important the little things in life are. Spending lazy Saturdays watching cartoons while eating a bowl of Cheerios, having those funny convos with the fam, reminiscing about the past, singing to Katy Perry, having random adventures, playing with my dogs, looking at old pictures, catching up with old friends, talking about boys with the girls, making videos about Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers with Melissa, wandering aimlessly.... It's what makes me realize how lucky I am to be so blessed with everything that I have: my family, my friends, my dogs, and being able to surround myself with people who love me.
It's all in good company.
It's all in good company.
I guess you can say I grew up more. I stopped worrying about boys (who continue to come and go), drama, haters, the past, former flames, etc., and focused more on how good everything is going.
I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy.
I am utterly and completely blessed,
and I thank God for it all.
I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy.
I am utterly and completely blessed,
and I thank God for it all.



No comments:
Post a Comment